Avoid Future Damage With Regular Maintenance
A good way to prevent HVAC disasters is with proper maintenance of your air conditioning unit. It's better to invest in some preventative care before a major system failure or breakdown happens, as the damage can be costly. To learn more general care tips or if you would like to schedule a tune-up for your air conditioner, choose Park Mechanical and our expert team of Sacramento AC repair and maintenance technicians.
DIY Air Conditioning Tips
- Clean your fan and coils each spring to ensure that your condenser fan operates at it’s best.
- Clean off any leaves or debris from your condenser unit regularly.
- Turn off the outdoor condenser when the weather turns cold and the temperature drops below 60ºF to avoid damage.
- Don’t let grass clippings gather against your outside unit. This also applies to leaf blowing and any other yard work.
- It is always a good idea to swap out single pane windows for double panes to help your system run more efficiently.
- A programmable thermostat is a simple way to help you save energy and money on your air conditioning bill. Some programmable thermostats can even be controlled from your smartphone or other devices.
- Never allow your home to get to a dangerously hot temperature, as air conditioners can only cool down the home by 20 degrees or so within a reasonable time period.
- Look for air conditioner sizing calculators online to truly understand what size unit you need for your home.